Blog

Viewing posts for the category GameDev

LuaJIT bit.band stopped working

Came across an interesting feature/artifact of using LuaJIT today.

Smith and Winston - Building a door in the editor

This is a slightly different blog post and Smith and Winston. I'm going to show how our game editor works (and thus how our engine works). We've spent a lot of time getting the editor setup to make it easy to create game play.

Why I Chose Not To Use Unity3D

I evaluated Unity3D for a few months before deciding NOT to use it. It's a really, really great tool and it was a tough decision. Ultimately I felt like there was more resitance to steady progress using Unity3D over extending/upgrading my own code. Here is a rough guide to why I decided not to use it.

Integrating Lua and my C++ Game Engine

If you want to cut to the chase you can download the code here.

Moving from qmake to CMake

After working with Qt5.x for a few months and really starting to enjoy the flexibility of qmake and QtCreator I decided to try using CMake to build XCode and MSVC proejcts.

Recent Posts

Archive

2016
2015
2014
2013
2012
2011
2010
2008
2007
2006

Categories

Authors

Feeds

RSS / Atom